- Drop-off time at the clinic is 8:00 a.m. Pick-up time is the following morning (Tuesday – Friday) at 7:30 a.m. On Friday, animals are discharged later that day. Female dogs or cats are not scheduled for surgery on Fridays.
- All cats must come in a carrier, with newspaper or a towel. Cardboard carriers may be purchased for $5.00 at the clinic.
- All dogs must be on a leash. Please leave your dog in your vehicle until after you have completed the admission form.
- Do not give your pet food after midnight the night before surgery, a little water is okay. Please make sure that your pet is kept confined (or inside) to ensure that it DOES NOT EAT ANYTHING!
- If your dog or cat has a current rabies vaccination, you must bring the rabies certificate. A rabies vaccine is required at the time of surgery if the animal is not current or lacks proof that he or she has been vaccinated.
- Animals must be in good health and not overweight. If your pet is showing any signs of illness such as coughing, sneezing, runny eyes, or diarrhea it will be declined for surgery. Dogs in heat may also be declined.
- Please bring with you any vouchers or certificates from animal shelters or humane groups.
- Payment is to be made at pick-up. We accept cash and credit/debit cards only.
- Restrict your pet's activity 7-10 days, no running, jumping, or bathing. Keep your pet in a clean, dry environment during this time.
- Check the incision twice a day for redness, swelling, or discharge; if you find any please contact us.
- Your pet may be sluggish for the next 24 hrs.
- Do not change your pet's diet during recovery time.
- There are stitches under the skin that do not need to be removed. In addition, there is a bluish green, water-soluble tissue glue that will come off with time.
- Any special needs for your pet will be written on the go home sheet.
- If your pet received any vaccines they will be marked on the go home sheet with rabies tag & certificate attached.
- Please call our clinic if you have any questions or concerns about your pet that is related to the surgery.
- If you have an emergency after hours please contact your regular vet and/or call the Airport Emergency Clinic at 423.279.0574.